The Ratner Montessori School partners with Alesci’s to provide meals to students who participate in our lunch program. This partnership offers menu options that align with Ratner’s goal to serve healthy lunches every day.
Students who would like to purchase lunch at school should complete the appropriate online order form (see links below) with their selections. Students can choose the main meal, the alternate meal, or salad bar. All meals include fruit.
Students ordering any lunch (main, alternate or salad bar) can also enjoy any of these items, available daily, with their meal: celery sticks, carrot sticks, tomatoes, cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, raisins, sunflower seeds, sunbutter, and preserves.
Alternates are as follows:
Mondays: Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Tuesdays – Turkey Sandwich
Wednesdays – Hot Dogs
Thursdays – Veggie Burger
Fridays – Eggplant Cutlets
Salad Bar: Greens, cold meats (roast turkey, grilled chicken, tuna), celery, carrots, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, raisins, sunflower seeds. Variety of salad dressing options.
Lunches are $5.99 each. Payment must be made online when placing lunch orders.
Permanent buyers should remember that they still need to make meal selections, even if they have already paid, and should complete appropriate online form (see link below).
Permanent beverage buyers or students who will bring their own beverage, should remember to use the appropriate form below, which has adjusted meal costs to account for already-purchased beverages.
Lunches are pre-ordered and therefore the school is unable to issue credit(s) due to absences or missed lunches. If a student forgets to bring in lunch, we will make sure to provide him/her with the Food Bar selection for that day and we will bill you for the lunch at a later date.
ORDERING DEADLINE: Any lunch orders placed after the deadline indicated below must be arranged with office staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
LUNCH ORDER FORMS
November lunch orders are due by October 26.
PERMANENT LUNCH BUYER FORM (for families who pre-paid for lunch for the year)
PERMANENT BEVERAGE BUYER FORM (for families who pre-paid for daily beverages only)
KEEPING RATNER NUT FREE
Due to the severity of nut allergies that exists in our student body, Ratner maintains a nut-free school.The bullet points listed below provide details and suggestions on how we can all work together to keep our food environment safe for all of our students:
- Packed lunches must exclude all nut products, both peanut and tree nuts.
- Nut butter alternatives include Sunbutter which is made from sunflower seeds. When packing this alternative, please label as sunflower butter.
- In the event a butter-type sandwich is not identified as a nut alternative, staff is authorized to remove the sandwich and provide your child with a Sunbutter sandwich option from our kitchen. If those steps are taken, staff will notify the parent by phone or email.
- Please be aware when packing snack items or side dishes such as granola bars, trail mix, cookies and breakfast bars. Please review ingredients to insure snacks you are sending to school with your child are nut free.
- In the event a snack item is found to have nuts, staff is authorized to remove the snack, and provide your child with a nut-free snack alternative including fruit or crackers.
- When sending in snacks to share for bake sales or birthday celebrations, be sure to review labels or ingredients to exclude nut products.
- Hot lunches from Ratner are nut-free.
The internet offers great resources for identifying nut-free lunch items and snacks. Feel free to browse or even log on to: http://news.health.com/2012/08/07/peanut-butter-free-school-lunches/ for new lunch ideas.
We greatly appreciate everyone’s cooperation and attention to our nut-free policy.