Many parents desire to have their children educated and nurtured by independent education. However, the additional cost of tuition to the basic family budget can be challenging for some. The Ratner School values diversity and through our Indexed Tuition Program provides opportunity for those families whose financial circumstances do not allow for the full payment of annual tuition.
The Lillian and Betty Ratner School offers indexed tuition for Kindergarten through 8th grade applicants demonstrating financial need. If you are interested in applying, please call the Admission Office at 216-245-7554 and visit the Ratner FACTS Tuition Site to apply. Our program is administrated so that tuition is indexed to a level based on a family’s ability to pay. This allows The Ratner School to make Independent Education affordable to many more families. The Ratner School uses an independent financial consultant, FACTS, in order to provide the applicant with confidentiality and third party objectivity. Indexed Tuition applications may be obtained through FACTS during the regular registration period. (Click on Ratner FACTS Tuition Site to get started.) The FACTS application must be completed in its entirety along with the processing fee* as required by FACTS. The Ratner School does not receive your personal financial information. The family applying to have their tuition indexed must have registered their child before having their tuition indexed accordingly.
*FACTS applies a $30 processing fee per application
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ask for indexed tuition information from The Ratner School.
- The application must be completed in its entirety through FACTS (The Ratner School’s third party administrator) along with the processing fee as required by FACTS.
- Indexed tuition will be awarded by The Ratner School based on recommendations from its independent consultant, FACTS, and student history. The Ratner School does not receive your completed application. The Ratner School only receives the recommendations made by the independent consultant.
- The parent/guardian will be notified by The Ratner School regarding the level of indexed tuition payable by the family.
- Each year a parent/guardian would need to re-apply for the next school year to assess how their tuition will be indexed for that year. One application per family.
- Applications will not be considered for those who have a delinquent balance with The Ratner School.
- The Ratner School reserves the privilege to unilaterally discontinue the family’s indexed tuition in the event of parent/student incompatibility.
MULTIPLE CHILD DISCOUNT
Beginning in 2018-2019, families who enroll two (2) or more children in the same school year will receive a discount as follows: 2nd child enrolled will receive a 5% tuition discount; 3rd child enrolled will receive a 7.5% discount; each child beyond that will have their discount increased by an additional 2.5%.
Acceptance, wait pool status, or denial will be given as soon as a determination has been made. A signed enrollment agreement and a $500 non-refundable deposit, which will be applied to tuition, is required within 10 days in order to secure your child’s space in our School.